The Adventures of Being and Making

The Adventures of Being and Making

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Gingerbread Fun!

A Holiday tradition in the Stauffer family, that is being passed onto our family, is making gingerbread cookies! I love them! Last year, we make only a little bit because we didn’t have enough molasses. Last year, I went from grocery store to grocery store trying to find molasses, but to no avail! So last Spring, when I traveled to the States, I brought home with me some molasses!
About a week before Christmas, Carmelinda and I decided to have some fun and invite some of our Costa Rican friends to teach them how to make gingerbread cookies! We invited our good friend, Laura with her two children, Julisa and Willie, our VidaNet cook, Yadi and our Canadian friend, Melissa. Boy, did we have fun! Our Costa Rican friends had never tasted or made gingerbread cookies ever. They told me they had only seen them in recipe books!
We even decided to make gingerbread houses, something I had never done before. We laughed until we cried! Some of us good luck with our houses and others of us did not!
In the end, we had SUCH a fun time; we decided we want to do it again next year!




Melissa was definitely the pro at this. We all copied her!

Our sweet children having fun together!

We seriously laughed so hard that our stomachs hurt!

Laura learning how the dough is made.

Laura's calls her real house, her "gingerbread house." So she said this is her house with her and her husband, William, standing in front of it!

Ok, my house DID looked like a house, but didn't stand very long due to the heavy icing! Laura fixed it up for me and we called it the stable!


This is the "love shack" that Melissa made for our newly married friends, Kimi and Raul!
Our finished products!






1 comment:

  1. You all look soooo cute with your little cute houses! Looks like a lot of fun! haha! Miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete