The Adventures of Being and Making

The Adventures of Being and Making

Saturday, August 8, 2015

With Passion


22 years ago I married the man of my dreams. I was attracted to him because of his passion for life. And of course, his looks. The first time I saw him he was wearing black pants, tan long sleeve shirt and cowboy boots. It was probably his cowboy boots that stood out to me the most! 

Over the years, I have fallen in love with DeLynn’s passion over and over. I love watching him preach and teach. His passion for the love he has for Carmelinda is evident in their relationship. And the way he’s tells me he's still head over heels in love with me is not only shown through his speech  but his actions.

About 5 years ago, my health became priority when I had lost my zest for life. DeLynn put aside his passion for ministry and immediately focused his passion on me, his wife. He dropped everything for the love of his wife.

The picture I have in my mind is of DeLynn kneeling by my bedside, crying out to the Lord, on behalf of his wife. He cried out loud, prayed out loud, and sang out loud, pleading to God, He would spare my life. DeLynn was carrying a weight almost too heavy to carry. It’s was a very painful picture etched in our memories.

It was a dark several months. But God heard the prayers of my husband and my family.

Months later God gave me an incredible vision. I saw myself lying in bed. It was dark all over. Then all of a sudden, I saw a bright light shining through the darkness that shone on myself. I saw DeLynn kneeling by my bedside. As time passed, suddenly DeLynn’s image turned into that of Jesus. It was Jesus kneeling by my bedside interceding on behalf of my husband and family.

The verse that came to me was the following….

 


I am thankful for DeLynn, so thankful. I am thankful and grateful for his love and passion for me. It’s a passion that I have been blessed with, a passion that has changed me. Without his passion, I would not be here today. It’s a passion given my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment