The Adventures of Being and Making

The Adventures of Being and Making

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Class of 2017

Note: Last night Carmelinda graduated from high school. The school invites the parents to share with their child and pray over them. Here is what DeLynn and I shared. 




You did it babes! I am SO proud of you! We’ve been counting down the months, weeks and days to get to today.

When I think about how “long” it took for you to get to this day it really didn’t take long at all. As I think back to when you started this process my memories take me back to when you were five. You were as sweet as could be and eager to learn. For the first two years we taught you at home. I was privileged to teach you how to read. You were a quick learner.

From the start, you were very sociable. And we thought it best to send you to school. You loved it. You made friends easily. Since then, you’ve attended a number of schools. Each school has blessed our family by giving you the education you needed to get you to this point.

Carmelinda with her best friend, Karen 

We have had countless talks about what the future holds for you. This is the end of a chapter and the beginning of a new one. I am excited about what God has for you. And even though none of us know exactly what all that entails, I am certain God will bring clarity to your future. My prayer is that as you take each step, you find more and more intimacy with your Heavenly Father. Let him be your passion and focus.


Honey, I love you from the bottom of my heart. You are a joy to me, to our family and mostly to our Heavenly Father.

Congratulations!

Love, Mom



Displaying IMG_4132.JPG
Carmelinda doesn't usually wear heels but graduation night was special. 




So here we are, babe, ready to take another big step! You have been making steps all of your life.. in fact you have been making leaps and bounds ever since you took your first steps in our house in Ohio when you were very little. 

However, in this step you are standing at the edge of a new era of life. In this next era, you will experience more freedom, more adventure, and new experiences. It will be a time to explore and solidify how you are going to glorify God with your life. Some of those experiences will be fun and other ones not so fun. But no matter what happens there are two things that I encourage you to do. 

Number one: remember the Why? Of life! It’s always to glorify God. Number two: Get as close to God as you can so that he, through his Holy Spirit can guide you into what he has for you.

Babe, I am so proud of you and I know that God will continue to use you and what he has done in you and will continue to do in you to bless many many people! 

Carmelinda with her favorite teacher, Mr. Erlin 

Heavenly Father, I thank you so much for this precious gift you have given Gloria and I. Please use her in extreme ways in your kingdom and let her always seek you in everything she does.

Dad 


No comments:

Post a Comment